Pakistan and Netherlands will face each other in the Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 match on Friday, October 6. The match will be played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad, which is also known as Uppal Stadium. This will be the first time that these two teams will meet in a World Cup match.
Pakistan are one of the most unpredictable teams in world cricket, with a rich history and a talented squad. They have won the World Cup once, in 1992, and reached the final in 1999. They are currently ranked No.2 in the ICC ODI rankings, behind England.
They have a balanced team, with a strong batting line-up led by captain Babar Azam, and a potent pace attack featuring Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, and Haris Rauf. They also have some quality spinners in Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, and Usama Mir.
The Netherlands is the surprise package of the tournament, having qualified as the runners-up in the World Cup Qualifier held in Zimbabwe in June-July this year. They have played in four previous World Cups but have never progressed beyond the group stage.
They are ranked No. 13 in the ICC ODI rankings, ahead of some Test-playing nations like Zimbabwe and Ireland. They have a spirited team, with some experienced players like Scott Edwards, Roelof van der Merwe, and Logan van Beek, and some young talents like Max O’Dowd, Bas de Leede, and Aryan Dutt.
Consider reading: ICC World Cup 2023 Schedule and Teams
Where and How to Watch Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Match
Here is a list of the official broadcasters and streaming platforms for the Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Match
|England||Sky Sports Cricket||Sky Go|
|New Zealand||Spark Sport||Spark Sport|
|Australia||Fox Cricket||Kayo Sports|
|India||Star Sports Network||Disney+ Hotstar|
|USA||Willow TV||Willow TV|
|Sri Lanka||Sony Six||SonyLIV|
|Pakistan||PTV Sports||PTV Sports|
|Netherlands||Ziggo Sport||Ziggo Sport|
The possible line-up for Pakistan
Pakistan has announced a 15-member squad for the World Cup, with Babar Azam as the captain and Shadab Khan as the vice captain. They have also named three reserve players: Mohammad Haris, Abrar Ahmed, and Zaman Khan.
Here is the possible lineup for Pakistan for the Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 match:
|Fakhar Zaman||Opening Batter|
|Babar Azam ©||Top order Batter|
|Mohammad Rizwan (wk)||Middle order Batter|
|Saud Shakeel||Middle order Batter|
|Iftikhar Ahmed||Batting Allrounder|
|Shadab Khan||Bowling Allrounder|
|Mohammad Nawaz||Bowling Allrounder|
Possible Line Up for Netherlands
The Netherlands have also announced a 15-member squad for the World Cup, with Scott Edwards as the captain and wicketkeeper. They have also named five county cricketers in their squad: Colin Ackermann, Roelof van der Merwe, Logan van Beek, Paul van Meekeren and Ryan Klein.
Here is the possible lineup for Netherlands for the Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 match:
|Max O’Dowd||Opening Batter|
|Vikram Singh||Opening Batter|
|Wesley Barresi||Top order Batter|
|Bas de Leede||Batting Allrounder|
|Teja Nidamanuru||Middle order Batter|
|Scott Edwards (c & wk)||Wicketkeeper Batter|
|Roelef van der Merwe||Bowling Allrounder|
|Logan van Beek||Bowling Allrounder|
|Paul van Meekeren||Bowler|
Venue details and Pitch Report for Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 Match
The Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad is one of India’s most famous cricket venues and is currently home to Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the Indian Premier League (IPL). The ground has a maximum capacity of 55,000 and is considered one of the most modern venues in the country.
The pitch at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium is ideal for posting big numbers on the scoreboard in the ODI format. The size of the field aids the batters by providing many spots to score runs. However, its dry nature can come to the aid of spinners and medium-pace bowlers. Most teams who win the toss would look to bowl first, as the teams chasing have won on more occasions than teams who defend a total.
Details about the winning team in Hyderabad in the last 5 matches
The last five matches played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad were all T20 matches in the IPL. Here are the details of the winning teams in those matches:
Here is a table with details about the winning teams in Hyderabad in the last five ODI matches:
|Jan 18, 2023||India vs New Zealand, 1st ODI||India||12 runs|
|Mar 2, 2019||India vs Australia, 1st ODI||India||6 wickets|
|Oct 13, 2017||India vs Australia, 3rd T20I||Match abandoned due to wet outfield||–|
|Oct 11, 2015||India vs South Africa, 1st ODI||South Africa||5 runs|
|Nov 5, 2011||India vs England, 5th ODI||India||6 wickets|
What should the team do after winning the toss?
As mentioned earlier, the pitch at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium favors the team batting second. The dew factor also comes into play in the second inning, making it difficult for the bowlers to grip the ball. Therefore, the team that wins the toss should opt to field first and chase down the target.
Key players to watch out for from Pakistan
Pakistan has some of the most exciting players in world cricket, who can change the course of the game with their skills and temperament. Here are some of the key players to watch out from Pakistan:
- Babar Azam: The captain and the best batter of Pakistan, Babar Azam is a class apart from his peers. He has a sublime technique and a wide range of strokes, which make him a treat to watch. He is currently ranked No.1 in the ICC ODI rankings for batters, with an average of 59.61 and a strike rate of 90.93. He has scored 14 centuries and 19 half-centuries in 86 ODIs so far. He is also a brilliant fielder and a calm leader.
- Hasan Ali: The comeback man of Pakistan, Hasan Ali has been in sensational form since his return to international cricket after a long injury lay-off. He is currently ranked No.4 in the ICC ODI rankings for bowlers, with an average of 25.17 and a strike rate of 28.6. He has taken 94 wickets in 60 ODIs so far, with four five-wicket hauls and one ten-wicket haul. He is also a handy lower-order batter and a livewire on the field.
- Shaheen Afridi: The young sensation of Pakistan, Shaheen Afridi is one of the most lethal fast bowlers in world cricket. He has pace, bounce, swing and accuracy, which make him a nightmare for any batter. He is currently ranked No.6 in the ICC ODI rankings for bowlers, with an average of 23.12 and a strike rate of 26.7. He has taken 75 wickets in 42 ODIs so far, with three five-wicket hauls and one ten-wicket haul.
Key players to watch out for in the Netherlands
The Netherlands has some of the most spirited players in world cricket who can surprise any opponent with their skills and attitude. Here are some of the key players to watch out for from the Netherlands:
- Scott Edwards: The captain and wicketkeeper of the Netherlands, Scott Edwards is a dynamic player who can contribute with both bat and gloves. He is an aggressive batter who likes to take on the bowlers and score quick runs. He has an average of 40.33 and a strike rate of 97.67 in 15 ODIs so far. He is also a safe and agile keeper who can effect stumpings and catch behind the stumps.
- Bas de Leede: The star all-rounder of the Netherlands, Bas de Leede is a versatile player who can bat anywhere in the order and bowl seam or spin as per the situation. He is a fluent batter who can anchor or accelerate the innings as needed. He has an average of 34.00 and a strike rate of 84.00 in nine ODIs so far. He is also a useful bowler who can take wickets or contain runs as per demand. He has taken nine wickets at an average of 31.11 and an economy rate of 5.18 in nine ODIs so far.
- Logan van Beek: The experienced bowler of the Netherlands, Logan van Beek is a medium-fast bowler who can swing the ball both ways and trouble the batters with his variations. He is also a handy lower-order batter who can score some quick runs. He has taken 28 wickets at an average of 24.17 and an economy rate of 5.40 in 19 ODIs so far. He has also scored 154 runs at an average of 17.11 and a strike rate of 97.46 in 19 ODIs so far.
Prediction for the winner of the match
Based on the current form, rankings, squad strength, and pitch conditions, Pakistan is the clear favorite to win the match against the Netherlands. They have a superior batting line-up, a more potent bowling attack, and more experience playing in Indian conditions. They also have a psychological edge over the Netherlands, having never lost to them in any format of the game.
However, the Netherlands is not a team to be taken lightly, as they have shown in the past by upsetting some big teams like England, Pakistan and Ireland. They have a fighting spirit and a never-say-die attitude, which can make them a tough opponent on any given day. They also have some county players who have played in India before and can adapt to the conditions better.
Therefore, the match could be closer than expected, but Pakistan is likely to emerge victorious in the end. The probable margin of victory could be around 50 runs or five wickets.
Closing Thoughts on Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023
Pakistan vs Netherlands World Cup 2023 match will kick off their World Cup campaign with an interesting clash in Hyderabad on Friday, October 6. Pakistan is the favorite to win the match, but the Netherlands is capable of springing a surprise.
The match will be a good opportunity for both teams to test their skills and strategies against each other and gain some momentum for the rest of the tournament.